Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year...

We had a wonderful Turkey Day Weekend with Grandma B, who came to visit from over the hills and brought plenty of turkey snacks with her!  Yay!

Melvino adores his Grandma B and loves it when she decides to slow down and spend some snuggle time on the couch with him.  He like to curl up in "the hole" (the crook of her knees when she's laying on her side) and it takes a great degree of strength to pry his furry little body out of that faux-fur and velvet blanky-lined sleeping spot.  It seems that he somehow makes his 20# body 4-5x heavier to dissuade the offending party from disturbing his toasty resting spot.  Luckily, that didn't happen much, as we relaxed and napped most of the weekend.


 Ahhhh...  This is the life!


I somehow ended up with a cold, but was thankful that my symptoms didn't hit until my first day back to work.  It's not easy talking on the phone all day with a frog voice, but I would have hated screwing up my Quality Time with my Mom by being sickly!  Still... I'd much rather be at home in the covers with this guy:


I keep watching the weather portion of our nightly news, secretly hoping for a chance of snow (and a snow day! Yay!)  Those fluffy white blankets remind me of my childhood near the mountains, where every winter we waited for the hills to cake with snow so that we could go sledding.  My fondest memories were of the lights from town illuminating the dark, cloudy sky with the soft pink glow of reflected light.  There was nothing like a quiet nighttime walk in the stillness of that beautiful snow-covered landscape. Everything seemed so peaceful, so still while snowflakes melted on my hot tongue, as I gazed into the heavens.  Ahhhh... 

All of a sudden, I'm seeing the appeal of snow globes! Perhaps I should work on recapturing that peaceful bliss without the snow.  Just thinking about that did my heart good. :)

What are some of your favorite winter memories?

Stay snuggled up, friends!  We'll talk again soon... 

Love,
Jen and Melvino

No comments:

Post a Comment