Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Can Smell It!

Can you?

It's Springtime!  I can smell that it's on the way VERY soon.

Mom bought a hyacinth at her favorite grocery store the other day and it stunk up the whole house with it's pretty purple blossoms!  She loves the smell, but it's too strong for me. It makes my eyes water!  So, she took it to her office. Thanks, Mom.

Last weekend, I helped Mom rake the yard of all of the fall leaves that have been out there so long.  Personally, I think they were nice.  I prefer walking on leaves rather than the mud underneath!  Man, my paws got SO muddy!  She made me take a BATH when we got inside. I didn't much like that.  But, I LOVE the special massage that Mom gives me at bathtime, so, I guess it's ok.

We were soooo tired after working in the yard all day.  It was nice to snuggle up and have a rest that evening.


Do any of you have little green shoots coming out of the ground in your yards?  We do!  Mom says the Day Lilies are starting to show!  They are so beautiful and orange in the summertime.  It will be a while before we see flowers, but, it's nice to know that they are on their way!

Personally, I can't wait for warmer, drier days.  I love having my pick of warm sunbeams to lay under.

I hope that all of you, my friends, are well and hopeful, looking forward to fun in the warmer days ahead and grateful for the signs of spring greeting us already.

Love,
Melvino

4 comments:

  1. My Sweet Melvino,.
    I am your first follower... The fragrance from your moms hyacinth flower drited over the mountains, through the forest,,, and settled down by my creek. I wanundered down to the streams edge to sit and ponder. As I looked around, I saw all the things that your eyes had been seeing. Sprouts and shoots coming up from the soil, and I saw some red and green buds on trees. Your words awakened me from a quiet time that my heart has been feeling. Thank you for touching my heart with hope of spring.. and I hope the day lillies come soon to your moms garden.
    Thank you again for coming to visit me. You are so cute sitting in the arms of your pretty mom
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tweedles, my friend, I'm so glad to hear that you have green sprouts, too! Isn't it amazing to think that in a very short time those will be the leaves that shade us and the beautiful, big flowers that make us sneeze when we snorfle the pollen into our schnozzles!? (Or, is that just me? :) )

    I am so glad that my post reminded you of the hope that is always there inside of your heart. I know that you were so sad after losing Stubby and I worried about you. But, I know that when we lose someone special, we need to take time to grieve and heal (I did that when my sister passed away.)

    Keep smiling and stay full of hope and wonder. Spring is coming! Until then, I'll be thinking of you...

    Love,
    Melvino

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Thank you sooo much for being my "follower". It makes my heart so happy to have you here! :)
    <3
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Melvino
    Thank you for making my heart sing.
    I am feeling the rhythm of your heart beat,, it feels good.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete